Contact us here.
One of her major interests is the study of molecular mechanisms on radiation-related digestive tract carcinomas. Given many distinct molecular pathways for carcinogenesis of digestive tract carcinomas, this study aims to find one or more pathways that are preferentially affected by radiation exposure and highly associated with histological alterations.
- Ph.D., DDS. Graduate School of Dentistry, Hiroshima University
- Scholar Resident, 1st Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, Hiroshima University
- DDS. Hiroshima University School of Dentistry
- Radiation Effects Research Foundation
Associate Senior Scientist, Department of Molecular Biosciences
Associate Senior Scientist, Department of Radiobiology/Molecular Epidemiology
Research Scientist, Department of Radiobiology/Molecular Epidemiology
- Hiroshima University
Visiting Associate Professor, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Associate professor, Department of Molecular Pathology, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Research Associate, Department of Molecular Pathology, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
Research Associate, 1st Department of Pathology, Hiroshima University School of Medicine
- Osaka University
Visiting Scholar, Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, USA
Research Associate, Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry
- Hiroshima University Hospital
- Ito R, Hale LP, Geyer SM, Jie Li, Sornborger A, Kajimura J, Kusunoki Y, Yoshida K, van den Brink MRM, Kyoizumi S, Manley NR, Nakachi K, Sempowski GD. Late effects of ionizing radiation exposure and age on human thymus morphology and function. Radiat Res. 2017; 187: 589-598.
- Ito R, Hamatani K, Yano S, Shinohara T, Takahashi K, Yasui W, Nakachi K, Kusunoki Y. Microsatellite instability (MSI) and MLH1 alteration in colorectal cancer among A-bomb survivors. Hiroshima Igaku [J Hiroshima Med Assoc]. 2014; 67(4):356-60.
- Hayashi T, Ito R, Cologne JB, Maki M, Morishita Y, Nagamura H, Sasaki K, Hayashi I, Imai K, Yoshida K, Kajimura J, Kyoizumi S, Kusunoki Y, Ohishi W, Fujiwara S, Akahoshi M, Nakachi K. Effects of IL-10 haplotype and atomic bomb radiation exposure on gastric cancer risk. Radiat Res. 2013; 180(1):60-9.
- Hamatani K, Eguchi H, Mukai M, Takahashi K, Ito R, Taga M, Imai K, Cologne J, Soda M, Arihiro K, Fujihara M, Abe K, Hayashi T, Nakashima M, Sekine I, Yasui W, Hayashi Y, Nakachi K. RET/PTC rearrangements preferentially occurred in papillary thyroid cancer among atomic bomb survivors exposed to high radiation dose. Cancer Res. 2008; 68: 7176-7182.
- Ito R, Oue N, Yoshida K, Kunimitsu K, Nakayama H, Nakachi K, Yasui W. Clinicopathological significant and prognostic influence of cadherin-17 expression in gastric cancer. Virchows Arch. 2005; 447:717-722.
- Ito R, Nakayama H, Yoshida K, Matsumura S, Oda N, Yasui W. Expression of Cbl linking with the epidermal growth factor receptor system isassociated with tumor progression and poor prognosis of human gastric carcinoma. Virchows Arch. 2004; 444:324-331.
- Ito R, Oue N, Zhu X, Yoshida K, Nakayama H, Yokozaki H and Yasui W. Expression of integrin-linked kinase is closely correlated with invasion and metastasis of gastric carcinoma. Virchow Arch. 2003; 442:118-123.
- Ito R, Yasui W, Ogawa Y, Toyosawa S, Tahara E and Ijuhin N. Reduced expression of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27/Kip1 in oral malignant tumors. Pathobiol. 1999; 67: 169-173.
- Ito R, Yasui W, Yokozaki H, Yamashita U, Takata T, Nikai H and Tahara E. Growth stimulatory effect of interleukin (IL)-1α produced by oral squamous carcinoma cell lines. Int J Oncol. 1997; 11: 807-812.
- Ito R, Kitadai Y, Kyo E, Yokozaki H, Yasui W, Yamashita U, Nikai H and Tahara E. Interleukin 1α acts as an autocrine growth stimulator for human gastric carcinoma cells. Cancer Res 1993; 53: 4102-4106.