Department of Epidemiology
Contact us here.
Contact us here.
Dr. Utada joined the Department Epidemiology at RERF in 2014. She has learned how to evaluate the time trend of cancer incidence/mortality and risk factors at Graduate University using cancer registries and cohort studies. She currently has evaluated radiation risks of cancer incidence and mortality among atomic bomb survivors. Her research interest is to interpret the association between age at exposure to radiation and risk of cancer incidence via epidemiological studies.
- Ph.D. in Health Science, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine
- M. Sc. in Health Science, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine
- B.S. in Nursing, Faculty of Medicine, Osaka University
- Research Scientist, Department of Epidemiology, Radiation Effects Research Foundation
- Utada M, Brenner AV, Preston DL, Cologne JB, Sakata R, Sugiyama H, Kato N, Grant EJ, Cahoon EK, Mabuchi K, Ozasa K. Radiation risk of ovarian cancer in atomic bomb survivors: 1958-2009. Radiat Res. 2021;195(1):60-5.
- Utada M, Chernyavskiy P, Lee WJ, Franceschi S, Sauvaget C, de Gonzalez AB, Withrow DR. Increasing risk of uterine cervical cancer among young Japanese women: Comparison of incidence trends in Japan, South Korea and Japanese-Americans between 1985 and 2012. Int J Cancer. 2019;144(9):2144-52.
- Utada M, Yonehara S, Ozasa K. Historical Changes in Histological Diagnosis of Lung Cancer. J Epidemiol. 2019;29(6):238-40.
- Utada M, Brenner AV, Preston DL, Cologne JB, Sakata R, Sugiyama H, Sadakane A, Grant EJ, Cahoon EK, Ozasa K, Mabuchi K. Radiation risks of uterine cancer in atomic bomb survivors: 1958-2009. JNCI Cancer Spectrum. 2018;2(4):pky081.
- Sobue T, Utada M, Makiuchi T, Ohno Y, Uehara S, Hayashi T, Sato KK, Endo G. Risk of bile duct cancer among printing workers exposed to 1,2-dichloropropane and/or dichloromethane. J Occup Health. 2015;57(3):230-6.
- Utada M, Ohno Y, Tamaki T, Sobue T, Endo G. Long-term trends in incidence and mortality of intrahepatic and extrahepatic bile duct cancer in Japan. J Epidemiol. 2014;24(3):193-9.