Department of Clinical Studies
Contact us here.
Contact us here.
Dr. Tatsukawa has been engaged in health examinations and research as a research scientist in the Department of Clinical Studies since April 2004. Before joining RERF, she had worked as a physician in hospitals and clinics. Her current research interest is to investigate the association between radiation exposure and abnormalities in glucose and lipid metabolism (diabetes mellitus, dyslipidemia, etc.) in A-bomb survivors. She is also conducting research with interest in health effects from radiation on those exposed in their mother’s uterus (in-utero survivors) and those born to exposed parents (second-generation A-bomb survivors).
- Ph.D. (Medicine) Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University
- M.D. School of Medicine, Hiroshima University
- Senior Scientist, Department of Clinical Studies, Radiation Effects Research Foundation
- Assistant Department Chief, Department of Clinical Studies, Radiation Effects Research Foundation
- Division Chief, Division of Medicine, Department of Clinical Studies, Radiation Effects Research Foundation
- Associate Senior Scientist, Department of Clinical Studies, Radiation Effects Research Foundation
- Research Scientist, Department of Clinical Studies, Radiation Effects Research Foundation
- Physician, Hiroshima Bank Clinic
- Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, Mazda Hospital
- Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, Kure Medical Associations Hospital
- Resident, Department of Internal Medicine, Hiroshima University Hospital
- Yamada M, Furukawa K, Tatsukawa Y, Marumo K, Funamoto S, Sakata R, Ozasa K, Cullings HM, Preston DL, Kurttio P. Congenital malformations and perinatal deaths among the children of atomic bomb survivors: A Reappraisal. Am J Epidemiol. 2021; 190: 2323-33.
- Maskarinec G, Sadakane A, Sugiyama H, Brenner A, Tatsukawa Y, Grant E. Type 2 diabetes, obesity, and breast cancer risk among Japanese women of the atomic bomb survivor cohort. Cancer Epidemiol. 2019; 60: 179-84.
- Tatsukawa Y, Misumi M, Kim YM, Yamada M, Ohishi W, Fujiwara S, Nakanishi S, Yoneda M. Body composition and development of diabetes: A 15-year follow-up study in a Japanese population. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2018; 72(3): 374-80.
- Imaizumi M, Ohishi W, Nakashima E, Sera N, Neriishi K, Yamada M, Tatsukawa Y, Takahashi I, Fujiwara S, Sugino K, Ando T, Usa T, Kawakami A, Akahoshi M, Hida A. Thyroid dysfunction and autoimmune thyroid diseases among atomic bomb survivors exposed in childhood. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017; 102(7): 2516-24.
- Imaizumi M, Ohishi W, Nakashima E, Sera N, Neriishi K, Yamada M, Tatsukawa Y, Takahashi I, Fujiwara S, Sugino K, Ando T, Usa T, Kawakami A, Akahoshi M, Hida A. Association of radiation dose with prevalence of thyroid nodules among atomic bomb survivors exposed in childhood (2007-2011). JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175(2): 228-36.
- Tatsukawa Y, Misumi M, Yamada M, Masunari N, Oyama H, Nakanishi S, Fukunaga M, Fujiwara S. Alterations of body mass index and body composition in atomic bomb survivors. Int J Obes (Lond). 2013; 37(8): 1123-8.
- Tatsukawa Y, Cologne JB, Hsu WL, Yamada M, Ohishi W, Hida A, Furukawa K, Takahashi N, Nakamura N, Suyama A, Ozasa K, Akahoshi M, Fujiwara S, Shore RE. Radiation risk of individual multifactorial diseases in offspring of the atomic-bomb survivors: a clinical health study. J Radiol Prot. 2013; 33(2): 281-93.
- Tatsukawa Y, Nakashima E, Yamada M, Funamoto S, Hida A, Akahoshi M, Sakata R, Ross NP, Kasagi F, Fujiwara S, Shore RE. Cardiovascular disease risk among atomic bomb survivors exposed in utero, 1978-2003. Radiat Res. 2008; 170(3): 269-74.
- Tatsukawa Y, Hsu WL, Yamada M, Cologne JB, Suzuki G, Yamamoto H, Yamane K, Akahoshi M, Fujiwara S, Kohno N. White blood cell count, especially neutrophil count, as a predictor of hypertension in a Japanese population. Hypertens Res. 2008; 31(7): 1391-7.
- Fujiwara S, Suyama A, Cologne JB, Akahoshi M, Yamada M, Suzuki G, Koyama K, Takahashi N, Kasagi F, Grant EJ, Lagarde F, Hsu WL, Furukawa K, Ohishi W, Tatsukawa Y, Neriishi K, Takahashi I, Ashizawa K, Hida A, Imaizumi M, Nagano J, Cullings HM, Katayama H, Ross NP, Kodama K, Shore RE. Prevalence of adult-onset multifactorial disease among offspring of atomic bomb survivors. Radiat Res. 2008; 170(4): 451-7.