Department of Epidemiology
Contact us here.
Contact us here.
Dr. Sakata is conducting estimation of radiation effects among atomic-bomb survivors, especially she was in charge of a mail survey that asked about lifestyle factors of the subjects and is attempting to estimate radiation effects more appropriately using the information that have been cumulated in the ABCC-RERF during the long-term study period but has not been used. She is in charge of supervising the section that is collecting follow-up information from a scientific viewpoint and providing supports and suggestions to the inside/outside collaborators who use the data of RERF.
- M.S. (Biostatistics) Biostatistics center, Kurume University, Fukuoka, Japan
- Ph.D. (Epidemiology) Kurume University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
- M.S. (Pharmaceutical Sc.) Pharmaceutical Sc., Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
- B.A. (Pharmaceutical Sc.) Daiichi University of Pharmacy, Fukuoka, Japan
- Radiation Effects Research Foundation, Department of Epidemiology
Acting Department Chief
Associate Senior Scientist
- Kurume University School of Medicine
Assistant professor, Department of Public Health, Kurume University School of Medicine
- Fujihara M, Sakata R, Yoshida N, Ozasa K, Preston DL, Mabuchi K. Incidence of lymphoid neoplasms among atomic bomb survivors by histological subtype: 1950-1994. Blood. 2021/08/26 [Epub]:1-27.
- Sakata R, Preston DL, Brenner AV, Sugiyama H, Grant EJ, Rajaraman P, Sadakane A, Utada M, French B, Cahoon EK, Mabuchi K, Ozasa K. Radiation-related risk of cancers of the upper digestive tract among Japanese atomic bomb survivors. Radiat Res. 2019; 192(3):331-44.
- Sakata R, Grant EJ, Furukawa K, Misumi M, Cullings HM, Ozasa K, Shore RE. Long-term effects of the rain exposure shortly after the atomic bombings in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Radiat Res. 2014; 182:599-606.
- Sakata R, McGale P, Grant EJ, Ozasa K, Peto R, Darby SC. Impact of smoking on overall mortality and life expectancy in Japanese smokers: A prospective cohort study. BMJ. 2012/10/25;345(e7093):12 p.
- Sakata R, Kleinerman RA, Mabuchi K, Stovall M, Smith SA, Weathers R, Wactawski-Wende J, Cookfair DL, Boice JD, Jr., Inskip PD. Cancer mortality following radiotherapy for benign gynecologic disorders. Radiat Res. 2012;178(3):266-79.
- Sakata R, Shimizu Y, Soda M, Yamada M, Hsu WL, Hayashi M, Ozasa K. Effect of radiation on age at menopause among atomic bomb survivors. Radiat Res. 2011;176(6):787-95.