Department of Epidemiology
Contact us here.
Contact us here.
Dr. Kadowaki assumed the position of fixed-term scientist in April 2021. She finished her doctoral degree in Biostatistics in March 2021, worked on a study to evaluate the lifetime risk associated with CT scans in children in Japan. She previously was an Assistant Professor at the Clinical Research Support Center, the University of Miyazaki Hospital, from 2016 to 2020. During these times, she was a biostatistician and data manager who supported and collaborated with medical scientists and other fields scientists in the university and external scientists in epidemiological and clinical studies. Between 1999 and 2007, her primary role focus has been in Kiyotake Town Hall, as a senior officer and officer with government statistics such as Population Census and Vital Statistics, and resident information such as family registers and basic resident registers. She will contribute to the study of the health effects of A-bomb radiation, applying her multifaceted knowledge.
- Doctor of Biostatistics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kurume University, Kurume, Fukuoka, Japan.
- Master of Medical Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Kurume University, Kurume, Fukuoka, Japan.
- Bachelor of Agriculture, Faculty of Agriculture, Miyazaki University, Miyazaki, Japan.
- Radiation Effects Research Foundation
Scientist, Department of Epidemiology
- Clinical Research Support Center, University of Miyazaki Hospital, Miyazaki, Japan
- Town Hall of Kiyotake, Miyazaki, Japan
- Y. Kadowaki, N. Hamada, M. Kai, K. Furukawa. Evaluation of the lifetime brain/central nervous system cancer risk associated with childhood head CT scanning in Japan. Int J Cancer. 2021; 148(10): 2429-2439.
- Y. Hayashi, N. Yoshinaga, Y. Sasaki, H. Tanoue, K. Yoshimura, Y. Kadowaki, Y. Arimura, T. Yanagita, Y. Ishida. How was cognitive behavioural therapy for mood disorder implemented in Japan? A retrospective observational study using the nationwide claims database from FY2010 to FY2015. BMJ Open. 2020; 10(5): e033365.
- Y. Hayashi, N. Yoshinaga, Y. Yonezawa, H. Tanoue, Y. Arimura, K. Yoshimura, T. Yanagita, K. Aoishi, Y. Ishida. Dissemination of cognitive behavioral therapy for mood disorder under the national health insurance scheme in Japan: A descriptive study using the National Database of Health Insurance Claims of Japan with special focus on Japan’s southwest region. Asian Pacific Journal of Health Economics and Policy. 2018; 1: 2-10.
- T. Sekimoto, M. Ishii, M. Emi, S. Kurogi, T. Funamoto, Y. Yonezawa, T. Tajima, T. Sakamoto, H. Hamada, E. Chosa. Copy number loss in the region of the ASPN gene in patients with acetabular dysplasia: ASPN CNV in acetabular dysplasia. Bone Joint Res. 2017; Jul; 6(7): 439-445.
- S. Sumie, T. Kawaguchi, A. Kawaguchi, R. Kuromatsu, M. Nakano, M. Satani, S. Yamada, S. Okamura, Y. Yonezawa, T. Kakuma, T. Torimura, M. Sata. Effect of pioglitazone on outcome following curative treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with hepatitis C virus infection: A prospective study. Mol Clin Oncol. 2015; 3(1):115-120.
- Y. Yonezawa, K. Yahara, M. Miura, F. Hieda, R. Yamakawa, K. Masunaga, Y. Mishima, H. Watanabe. Risk factors for and circumstances of needlestick and sharps injuries of doctors in operating rooms: A study focusing on surgeries using general anesthesia at Kurume University Hospital, Japan. J Infect Chemother. 2015; 21(12): 837-41.