- Doctor of Philosophy, Hematology, Hiroshima University, Graduate School of Medicine, Hiroshima, Japan
- Master of Science, Medicinal Chemistry, Okayama University, Graduate School of Pharmacy, Okayama, Japan
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu, Japan
- Radiation Effects Research Foundation
Assistant Chief, Department of Molecular Biosciences
Chief, Department of Molecular Biosciences
Chief, Department of Radiobiology/Molecular Epidemiology
Acting Chief, Department of Radiobiology/Molecular Epidemiology
Assistant Chief, Department of Radiobiology/Molecular Epidemiology
Chief, Immunology Laboratory, Department of Radiobiology
Research Scientist, Department of Radiobiology
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seatle, Washington, USA
Visiting Scientist, Immunogenetics Program
- Yoshida K, French B, Yoshida N, Hida A, Ohishi C, Kusunoki Y. Radiation exposure and longitudinal changes in peripheral monocytes over 50 years: The Adult Health Study of atomic-bomb survivors. Br J Haematol. 2019; 185: 107-115.
- Yoshida K, Cologne JB, Cordova KA, Misumi M, Yamaoka M, Kyoizumi S, Hayashi T, Robins H, Kusunoki Y. Aging-related changes in human T-cell repertoire over 20 years delineated by deep sequencing of peripheral T-cell receptors. Exp Gerontol. 2017; 96: 29-37.
- Kyoizumi S, Kubo Y, Kajimura J, Yoshida K, Hayashi T, Nakachi K, Young LF, Moore MA, van den Brink MR, Kusunoki Y. Linkage between dendritic and T cell commitments in human circulating hematopoietic progenitors. J Immunol. 2014; 192: 5749-5760.
- Kusunoki Y, Yamaoka M, Kubo Y, Hayashi T, Kasagai F, Douple EB, Nakachi K. T-cell immunosenescence and inflammatory response in atomic-bomb survivors. Radiat Res. 2010; 174: 870–876.
- Kusunoki Y, Hayashi T. Long-lasting alterations of the immune system by ionizing radiation exposure: Implications for disease development among atomic bomb survivors. Int J Radiat Biol. 2008; 84: 1-14.
- Kusunoki Y, Yamaoka M, Kasagi F, Hayashi T, MacPhee DG, Kyoizumi S. Long-lasting changes in the T-cell receptor V beta repertoires of CD4 memory T-cell populations in the peripheral blood of radiation-exposed people. Br J Haematol. 2003; 122: 975-984.
- Kusunoki Y, Kyoizumi S, Honma M, Kubo Y, Ohnishi H, Hayashi T, Seyama T. NK-mediated elimination of mutant lymphocytes that have lost expression of MHC class I molecules. J Immunol. 2000; 165: 3555-3563.
- Kusunoki Y, Kyoizumi S, Hirai Y, Suzuki T, Nakashima E, Kodama K, Seyama T. Flow cytometry measurements of subsets of T, B and NK cells in peripheral blood lymphocytes of atomic bomb survivors. Radiat Res. 1998; 150: 227-236.
- Kusunoki Y, Kodama Y, Hirai Y, Kyoizumi S, Nakamura N, Akiyama M. Cytogenetic and immunologic identification of clonal expansion of stem cells into T and B lymphocytes in one atomic-bomb survivor. Blood. 1995; 86: 2106-2112.
- Kusunoki Y, Hirai Y, Hayashi T, Kyoizumi S, Takahashi K, Morishita Y, Kodama Y, Akiyama M. Frequent occurrence of in vivo clonal expansion of CD4 CD8 T cells bearing T cell receptor αβ chains in adult humans. Eur J Immunol. 1993; 23: 2735 2739.