Department of Molecular Biosciences
Contact us here.
Contact us here.
Dr. Yoshida is a Chief of Immunology Laboratory at RERF. A major aim of his research is to understand the molecular bases underlying health effects of radiation exposure on the hematopoietic and immune systems with the hypothesis that radiation exposure may accelerate the aging process, consequently elevating risks of age-associated diseases. Specifically, he plans to examine radiation effects on clonal hematopoiesis with somatic mutations in A-bomb survivors.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Evolutional Biology/Population Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Japan.
- Master of Science, Cellular Biology, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan.
- Bachelor of Science, Molecular Biology, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
- Radiation Effects Research Foundation, Department of Molecular Biosciences
Chief, Immunology Laboratory
Research Scientist, Immunology Laboratory
- National Institute of Genetics, Center for Information Biology
- Yoshida K, Misumi M, Kusunoki Y, and Yamada M. Longitudinal changes in red blood cell distribution width decades after radiation exposure in atomic-bomb survivors. British Journal of Haematology. 2021; 193 (2): 406-9.
- Yoshida K, French B, Yoshida N, Hida A, Ohishi W, and Kusunoki Y. Radiation exposure and longitudinal changes in peripheral monocytes over 50 years: The Adult Health Study of atomic-bomb survivors. British Journal of Haematology. 2019; 185: 107-15.
- Yoshida K, Cologne JB, Cordova K, Misumi M, Yamaoka M, Kyoizumi S, Hayashi T, Robins H, and Kusunoki Y. Aging-related changes in human T-cell repertoire over 20 years delineated by deep sequencing of peripheral T-cell receptors. Experimental Gerontology. 2017; 96: 29-37.
- Ito R, Hale LP, Geyer SM, Li J, Sornborger A, Kajimura J, Kusunoki Y, Yoshida K, van den Brink MRM, Kyoizumi S, Manley NR, Nakachi K, and Sempowski GD. Late Effects of Ionizing Radiation Exposure and Age on Human Thymus Morphology and Function. Radiation Research. 2017; 187 (5): 589-98.
- Yoshida K, Misumi M, Kubo Y, Yamaoka M, Kyoizumi S, Ohishi W, Hayashi T, and Kusunoki Y. Long-term Effects of Radiation Exposure and Metabolic Status on Telomere Length of Peripheral Blood T Cells in Atomic bomb Survivors. Radiation Research. 2016; 186(4): 367-76.
- Yoshida K, Nakashima E, Kyoizumi S, Hakoda M, Hayashi T, Hida A, Ohishi W, and Kusunoki Y. Metabolic profile as a potential modifier of long-term radiation effects on peripheral lymphocyte subsets in atomic bomb survivors. Radiation Research. 2016; 186(3): 275-82.
- Yoshida K, Nakashima E, Kubo Y, Yamaoka M, Kajimura J, Kyoizumi S, Hayashi T, Ohishi W, and Kusunoki Y. Inverse associations between obesity indicators and thymic T-cell production levels in aging atomic-bomb survivors. PLOS ONE. 2014; 9(3): e91985.
- Yoshida K, Kusunoki Y, Cologne JB, Kyoizumi S, Maki M, Nakachi K, and Hayashi T. Radiation dose-response of glycophorin A somatic mutation in erythrocytes associated with gene polymorphisms of p53 binding protein 1. Mutation Research. 2013; 755(1): 49-54.
- Yoshida K, Ohishi W, Nakashima E, Fujiwara S, Akahoshi M, Kasagi F, Chayama K, Hakoda M, Kyoizumi S, Nakachi K, Hayashi T, and Kusunoki Y. Lymphocyte subset characterization associated with persistent hepatitis C virus infection and subsequent progression of liver fibrosis. Human Immunology. 2011; 72(10): 821-6.
- Yoshida K, Fujisawa T, Hwang JS, Ikeo K, and Gojobori T. Degeneration after sexual differentiation in hydra and its relevance to the evolution of aging. Gene. 2006; 385: 64-70.