Department of Statistics
Dr. Kato joined the Department of Statistics in April 2019. His specialty is statistical mathematics, having received a PhD in statistical mathematics in 2012 from The Graduate University for Advanced Studies. Prior to joining RERF, he worked at The University of Electro-Communications, The University of Tokyo Hospital, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, during which time he applied hierarchical Bayes methods to the analysis of spatial data and longitudinal data, and Institute of Statistical Mathematics, during which time he gained experience in the analysis of genome data. His current work focuses on the study of the relationship between breast cancer and genotype and gene-radiation interaction. These analyses aim to detect the SNPs or pathways that are relevant to breast cancer and could lead to individualized estimates of risk of breast cancer.
- Ph.D. (Statistical Science) The Graduate University for Advanced Studies
- M.S. (Science) Chuo University
- Research Scientist, Radiation Effects Research Foundation
- Project Assistant Professor, The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Research center for Medical and Health Data Science
- Researcher, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, National Institute of Mental Health
- Research Assistant, The University of Tokyo Hospital, Healthcare Quality Assessment
- Project Assistant Professor, The University of Electro-Communications, Department of Informatics
- Visiting Researcher, The Institute of Statistical Mathematics
- Yamada M, Kato N, Kitamura H, Ishihara K and Hida A. Cognitive Function Among Elderly Survivors Prenatally Exposed to Atomic Bombings. The American Journal of Medicine. 2020; 134(4), e264-e267.
- Takahashi K, Tachimori H, Kan C, Nishi D, Okumura Y, Kato N, Takeshima T. Spatial analysis for regional behavior of patients with mental disorders in Japan. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences. 2017; 71(4), 254-261.
- Segawa K, Komaki H, Mori-Yoshimura M, Oya Y, Kimura K, Tachimori H, Kato N, Sasaki M, Takahashi Y. Cardiac conduction disturbances and aging in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Medicine. 2017; 96(42), e8335.
- Kato N, Kuriki S. Likelihood ratio tests for positivity in polynomial regressions. Journal of Multivariate Analysis. 2013; 115, 334-346.
- Kato N, Yamada T, Fujikoshi Y. High-dimensional asymptotic expansion of LR statistic for testing intraclass correlation structure and its error bound. Journal of Multivariate Analysis. 2010; 101(1), 101-112.